Workflow Wizard for approval of Purchase req with three levels of approval (in a hierarchy)

Lorena lopez_chang at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 08:25:29 EST 2004

Hi Kathleen,

You don't need to use IFApprove interface, because when a PR is released, a new ReleaseStepCreated event is raised for that PR. This new event is valid only for the next Approver Release Code, then the WI is asigned to the next approver resposible via role resolution.

Regards,
Lorena Lspez

"Bradshaw-Long, Kathleen" <Kathleen.Bradshaw-Long at getronics.com> wrote:
Dear Workflow users,

We are on release 4.6C and implementing workflow for purchase
requisitions.
We have set up our release strategies which include three levels of
approval for a requisition. The approvals are hierarchical; that is,
approver 2 can't approve until approver 1 has approved, and approver 3
can't approve until approvers 1 and 2 have approved. We are using the
task overall release of purchase requisition. We have also set up an
organization structure and created positions for Approver 1, Approver 2
and Approver 3.

We created a workflow by copying the standard workflow template
(WS2000077) for purchase requisitions and manually started it. It works
great with 1 level of approval. Now we are ready to start building and
testing a workflow for a requisition that requires a second and third
level of approval.
We've started experimenting with the workflow wizard, but didn't get far
because the business object for the overall release requisition
(BUS2105) does not have the Interface: IFApprove. We think that we
should copy the business object BUS2105 and add the necessary Interface:
IFApprove.

Are we going in the right direction? In other words, is the workflow
wizard (SWF3) a better way to start or should we be trying to build the
hierarchy manually by adding subflows to our main workflow?

Kathleen Bradshaw-Long
BP/IS

Kathleen.Bradshaw-Long at getronics.com