Email WI Notification Hyperlink

John A Haworth jhoworth at csc.com
Tue Jan 20 08:56:50 EST 2004

Hi Sergey

We will have an ITS available, so it looks as though Webforms is the way
forward. Couple of things, is there any documentation (SAP or otherwise) re
how to set this up, and for my approval step, i want the approve / reject /
view decisions being available to the approver i.e. a standard decision
task, but I also want the approver to be able to create a comment (i.e.
reject reason), what would be the best approach?

Many thanks
JOhn

for such purpose.

                      Sergey
                      Breslavets               To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      <sergey.breslave         cc:
                      ts                       Subject: Re: Email WI Notification Hyperlink
                      @epstechnology.c
                      om>
                      Sent by: SAP
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG

                      19/01/2004 19:13
                      Please respond
                      to "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

John, you can use SapForms or WebForms to achieve this.

With SAPForms they would be able to approve it right from MS Outlook or
simialr. SAPForms client software will need to be installed on each
approvers' desktop - you might also need to do some modifications to your
workflow.

WebForms require an ITS server, work similarly to SAPForms, but through a
web interface. In your workflow you will have to create a Web transaction
for your approval tasks. Approvers will receive their workitems in SAP
Portal inbox, execute them and process subsequent html page to
approve/reject it.

Default Webforms will take all non-object type variables from the task
container and create a generic screen with those elements and buttons
"submit" and "cancel". You can then use HTML editor to make it look better
:))
For advanced stuff, you can just develop your own approval program (i did
it for Performace Appraisals), and then, with a little tweaking, link it to
your workflow task as a web transaction, so that your custom webform will
be executed when they double click on the workitem in SAP Portal inbox.

Hope this help,

Sergey