Prohibit Position-based substitutions ?

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Thu Dec 23 10:26:30 EST 2004

Hi all,

We are on 4.6c, and our workflows resolve to the user (not the position) of the person who should
perform the work.  We have instructed our users to maintain 'personal' substitutes and this works
fine.  However, we would like to prohibit users from maintaining position-based substitutes, as this
causes issues with our online directory.  Appears that some code uses the A 210 relationship, and
this may make a person appear to work in a different group.

Anyhow, arguments for position-based substitution notwithstanding, does anyone know of a way to stop
users from maintaining substitutes by position ?

Thanks in advance,
Sue
--
Susan R. Keohan