Prohibit Position-based substitutions ?

Claude Bourque claude_bourque at hc-sc.gc.ca
Thu Dec 23 10:39:02 EST 2004

Susan,

You can limit authorization to create relationship A210 to a mininum number
of HR super users via HR authorizations. Whoever takes care of you HR
security could do this.

Claude Bourque
HR Consultant - Salary Management Team, FIRMS

                      "Susan R. Keohan"
                      <keohan at ll.mit.ed        To:       sap-wug at mit.edu
                      u>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Prohibit Position-based substitutions ?
                      sap-wug-bounces at m
                      it.edu

                      2004-12-23 10:26
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi all,

We are on 4.6c, and our workflows resolve to the user (not the position) of
the person who should
perform the work.  We have instructed our users to maintain 'personal'
substitutes and this works
fine.  However, we would like to prohibit users from maintaining
position-based substitutes, as this
causes issues with our online directory.  Appears that some code uses the A
210 relationship, and
this may make a person appear to work in a different group.

Anyhow, arguments for position-based substitution notwithstanding, does
anyone know of a way to stop
users from maintaining substitutes by position ?

Thanks in advance,
Sue
--
Susan R. Keohan