Finding shopping cart approvers before a shopping cart is saved

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at SAP.COM
Mon Dec 20 01:25:14 EST 2004

Hi Mark,
If you call the relevant function modules you have mentioned with the
"buffer" option on, you can see which agents have been chosen using the
add approver/change approver options.  You can then use that to test
that all steps have an agent assigned before ordering. Done this before
for confirmations.
Regards,
Jocelyn

-----Original Message-----
From: SAP Workflow [mailto:Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of
Griffiths, Mark
Sent: Saturday,13 November 2004 1:05 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Finding shopping cart approvers before a shopping cart is saved

All,

I have a requirment for an EBP shopper to manually select an approver.
This is working fine with the n-step BADI workflow and the approval
preview.  The BADI returns a user called 'Please Select an Approver' and
then the user changes this dummy user in the approval preview.

This all worked surprisingly easily!

The last challenge is to make sure that the shopper actually chooses a
new approver. To do this I am hoping to use  BADI_DOC_CHECK .  Problem
is, I can't work out how to see who the current selected approver is,
obviously the workflow hasn't really started yet so I can't read the
container, and I have tried using function modules like
'BBP_PDH_WFL_APPROVER_GET' and 'BBP_PDH_WFL_APPROVAL_SIMULATE' to get
this data but I can't get them to return me the agents.

Does anyone out there have any ideas how to get this to work?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark