Approve SC without a PO

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at SAP.COM
Mon Dec 20 01:21:56 EST 2004

Raju,
This is a really bad idea to try and change the SRM process that
drastically.  It leaves you in a very bad position if anything doesn't
work and you want help from SAP.

For example:
Creating a PO is not the only thing that happens when the SC is finally
approved.  At this point it decides whether reservations, requisitions
or Pos need to be created, and also if anything needs to be redirected
to the sourcing cockpit.

If you really want to delay the release of your shopping carts, then you
are better off adding another approval step that goes to the
administrator's inbox for release.

A discussion with the developers via OSS about possible options and the
business reasons for your scenario would also be worthwhile and could
save you a lot of trouble later on.
Regards,
Jocelyn

-----Original Message-----
From: SAP Workflow [mailto:Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of
Raju Omkaram
Sent: Tuesday,23 November 2004 7:58 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Approve SC without a PO

Hi SRM Gurus,

I have a design requirement that I need to be able to create a
shopping cart but not create a PO automatically. However, it needs to
be transferred from Shopping cart monitor.

I have developed a custom approval process and it works fine to the
point SC gets approved without a PO. I have cloned the "final process'
in WS1000125 but deleted the 'transfer SC' process.

Ideally, what I am looking for is 1. A new status for SC something
like 'Ready to transfer' 2. In Monitor, pick the SC and transfer to
backend for PO creation.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Raju