Changing a wait event's key

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Dec 20 06:46:52 EST 2004

Ah, alas I have little faith in that, I suspect the whole thing is a lecacy
leftover which has just stuck around for far too long to ever be changed,
and that's why the object can be instantiatied using either or both keys.
This is with Projects, and WBS elements and Networks.

(FYI Kjetil, I've argued with WBS elements and their internal/external
numbers in 4.0b so don't feel too left behind in the technological
backwaters :-)

Also, we've - ahem - already 'fixed' the code by redefining the
existencecheck method to work around this problem originally. Now we have a
new requirement for raising the event from a CRM box, where half the key
isn't available. It's a bit of chicken and egg... I might go with Phil's
very unofficial idea, preferrable to having multiple RFC's and stuff.

Thanks Kjetil, Jocelyn and Phil for your input. To be honest, I actually
don't care right now as I'm off on holiday but will tackle this anew next
year,

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all,
Cheers
Mike