Anyone else confused by QM status management?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Tue Dec 14 12:14:31 EST 2004

Greetings to all who were ever confused by Notification events,

Just thought I'd post a quick update now that this is resolved by SAP:

The SAP-delivered workflow also does not get triggered for all notification
processing scenarios. This is because we can have multiple CREATED events
for one notifiaction; or we can have no CREATED event if an approver created
and approved a notification in one go (a most unusual process I might add...
not!). So it does not work. Other times there is neither CREATED nor
INPROCESS.

This is our fault for trying to use functionality provided in QM01 and SAP
have provided user enhamcements for us to make it work. I quote part of
their last response below.

Cheers
Mike

The so called inconsistancies are caused by the
following facts:

- The customer creates and releases a notification simultaneously

- The customer reopens an unapproved notification

- Finally the customer does not create the correspondent event.

In all cases the customer has the oppertunity to create their own
events using the user enhancements