Executable object attachments in Outlook e-mails?

Barker.Terence.A Terence.Barker at igt.com
Tue Dec 14 13:00:08 EST 2004

Dear Workflow gurus,
    When I send a business object instance as an input parameter on a work
item, it shows up as an executable attachment. For example, if I pass in an
object of type BUS2001, the user can double-click on the attached object in
the work item, and the corresponding project is displayed.
    Is it possible to include such attachments in an e-mail that is sent to
the user's Microsoft Outlook inbox? If so, how? I have successfully included
plain text attachments in Outlook e-mails sent from workflows, so I know,
generally, how to include attachments; I just can't figure out how I would
include a business object as an attachment--then get it to act like an
object attachment in a work item.
    Thanks in advance.
--Terry

Terry Barker