RE: RE : P. requisition - release refused

Mark Pyc markpyc at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 11:02:30 EST 2004

G'day Zsolt,

If you wish changes not relevant to the release strategy to trigger new
instances of the Workflow you need to handle it yourself. The classic for
this is Purchasing Group which is important in terms of Agents but not
necessarily included in the Release Strategy.

If you have a look through the archives, you may find a few discussions on
this.

You need to decide which changes are relevant to the WF process, and how the
process should react. It may be that you can filter and ignore some changes
all together. Others will only require agent redetermination (possible in
version 610 upwards I think). If you do need to restart the process you'll
need to either raise the ReleaseStepCreated event yourself within the
workflow or possibly define another custom event which will also trigger the
Workflow.

There is no standard solution for this one.

Have fun,
Mark