Various BUS2081 queries (46C)

Mark Pyc markpyc at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:15:19 EST 2004

G'day Wuggers,

A few queries around what is a very common process - the approval of Parked
non-PO Invoices.

1) OSS note 495160 recognises the issue of Posting documents in the new
period when approval has not occured prior to period close. The note
recommends automatic date adjustment via a Repair to MRM_PARKED_INVOICE_POST
without providing much detail. The note indicates that code similar to
PRELIMINARY_POSTING_PDATE_DET should be used (whilst pointing out this
example function can't actually be used). Has anyone implemented this
solution? I'm concerned by the the warning to ensure the 'logic in the
logistics invoice verification' is met without providing a solution. It
seems very strange for an OSS note.

2) Various error situations are not validated during Parking. These errors
only get picked up when method BUS2081.PreliminaryPost is executed in the
background. This is workable but I've got a few issues with it.
 > Once the method is called the document is available for manual Posting.
The removal of the posting block occurs prior to the error determination.
This means when a document is returned to a junior member for correction the
Post button is available. Not a big problem as it can be controlled through
security.
 > In a two stage "Certification / Approval" process the document will be
returned the first Certifying agent and then have to come back past the
Approver. I realise a bit of pain for the staff involved at this level may
encourage more diligence, but again it's not ideal.

Is there a function to perform all posting validations prior to posting?
Ideally I'd like to use the function after Certification and before Approval
to avoid unnecessarily passing the document around.

Any and all tips greatly appreciated (by "Reply" or otherwise).

Have fun,
Mark