XP/Outlook 2003/GUI 6.20 and SAP Mapi Service Provider Integration?

Praveen Johri pjohri at csc.com
Tue Aug 31 06:48:08 EDT 2004

G'Day Dominik,

I don't think there is a way around for avoiding using newprof.exe . But
YES it should be there when you install 6.20 GUI. normally when you install
GUI on Win 2000 professional machine the path where u should find the file
is  C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMOM FILES\SYSTEM\MAPI\1033\NT\NEWPROF.EXE
 I am using the compilation 5 for 6.20 GUI and the file is found on above
said path. It seems your GUI CD is corrupted try using any other.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Johri
Workflow Consultant
SAP Practice
Extn : 2597
Ph    : 91-0120-2582323
Fax   : 91-0120-2582322
Computer Science Corporation India Ltd.

-

for such purpose.

                      Dominik
                      Sobolewski               To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      <sobolewskid             cc:
                      @marafiq.com.sa>         Subject: XP/Outlook 2003/GUI 6.20 and SAP Mapi Service Provider Integration?
                      Sent by: SAP
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG

                      08/30/2004 04:09
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi Folks,

I am having a hard time trying to configure Outlook 2003 (in a XP/GUI
6.20 Frontend enviroment) to pick up WIs from the SAP System. We are on
4.6C, so it should still be possible to use the Frontend Mapi Interface.
OSS Notes (At least those I found) as well as Online Doku and the
mapifaq.htm file are not very helpful. My biggest problem right now is
that all the documentations refer to a windows program (newprof.exe)
which is supposed to be used to configure the mapi profile.
Unfortunately I cannot find this program (Frontend or on the GUI CD).

I suppose that there are others out there who have the same problem!?
Does anybody know how to get newprof.exe or even better has an actual
How To Guide on Outlook/WI Integration with the MAPI Service Provider??

 Cheers Dominik 8-)

Dominik Sobolewski
SAP Workflow Consultant

MARAFIQ