Concatenate User for Expression

Mark Pyc mark_pyc at gillette.com
Wed Aug 25 09:34:46 EDT 2004

G'day Ute,

So you've tested the code outside of Workflow constructs and it works o=
k.
Have you debugged your method and ensured that it works first?
Then have you tested your Task on it's own and ensured that it works?
Then you need to test it within the Workflow.

As long as you're sure that csks-verak will contain a 12 character user=

name, the code looks ok. I would suspect that you've got a binding issu=
and that UNAME is not being filled in the Method container. It's either=
 not
passed from Task to Method, or from Workflow to Task.

Have fun,
Mark

                                                                       =

                      "Schr=F6der, Ute                                 =

                      Marion"                     To:      SAP-WUG at MITV=
MA.MIT.EDU
                      <UteMarion.Schroede         cc:                  =

                      r at REWE.de>                  Subject: Concatenate =
User for Expression
                      Sent by: SAP                                     =

                      Workflow                                         =

                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV                              =

                      MA.MIT.EDU>                                      =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

                      25 Aug 2004 14:24                                =

                      Please respond to                                =

                      SAP Workflow Users'                              =

                      Group                                            =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

Hello,

I believe it has to be quite a simple task but right now I=B4m totally =
lost.
I have an element in my workflow container called UNAME
now I use a step to concatenate a user-id (retrieved from a table in a
previous step)
and US into the container elment UNAME.

        data:      personresponsible type csks-verak .

          swc_get_element container 'UNAME' personresponsible.

        concatenate 'US' personresponsible(18) into personresponsible.
          swc_set_element container 'UNAME' personresponsible.

But if I take a look at the container after this step,
element User just contains US and not the rest of the string.
I tested the coding in Abap an the concatenation works fine.

What am I missing?

Thankx for your help and patience

=