WorkFlow for monitoring Background Jobs

Uday Malghan umalghan at hns.com
Mon Aug 2 10:03:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

We would like to implement workflow which will listen to Background job
status.  Upon job failure would like to trigger Lotus Note application.
This application will create HelpDesk ticket for call person.

I am using following object type and event ,

Object : BPJOB (WorkflowBPJob)
Event   : Aborted (Cancelled)

However upon job failure WF is not getting triggered . Does that mean am I
missing some thing or 'Aborted' event is not triggered by Background Job
application ? IF not is it possible to trigger this event externally?

One alternative we have is to run background job to check job status. Is
this the only way?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Uday Malghan