Inconsistency in work item text and actual e-mail sent to user

Uday Malghan umalghan at hns.com
Mon Aug 2 10:26:38 EDT 2004

Hi,

Last month we went live with Travel Expense Approval for pilot group. We
are using Custom Workflow for communication for Travel Accountant /
Manager approval process. In production environment all mail sent to
User's  SAP In-box gets forwarded to their Lotus Notes account. However we
have de-activated this feature in DEV and TST client. During the testing
phase I use look at the Workflow Log to see actual e-mail text on
completion. Log use to show correct text.

However in PROD we found that message sent to user were in consistent. e.g
If travel accountant approves Trip ,user use to get message saying that u
have created a trip.

This was happening due to in-correct binding for e-mail task. I did
correct the bindings and transported them to PROD. Now communication among
the user is consistent for the trips created after the transport. However
for tasks created prior to these transport still behaves in the same way.
I have generated WF in PROD and also ran SWU_OBUF Runtime Buffer PD Org.

My question to this forum Is this a normal WorkFlow behavior? or Am I
missing something?

Thanks.

Uday Malghan