Header problems with e-mail messages....

Eduardo Pisatti Eduardo.Pisatti at basf-arg.com.ar
Mon Apr 26 12:26:33 EDT 2004

Hi Edwin,

  The following is used by us to send mail, internal and external, may be
this can help you.
In OSSS1 you can put  for example: From, To (extern mail address), email of
reply (external too), etc.

FUNCTION ZAR_EMAIL.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Interfase local
*"  IMPORTING
*"     REFERENCE(PASUNTO) TYPE  SOOD1-OBJDES
*"     REFERENCE(PDIREC_EMAIL) TYPE  SOOS1-ADR_NAME
*"     REFERENCE(PORD_SPOOL) TYPE  SOOS1-SNDSPO OPTIONAL
*"  TABLES
*"      PTEXTO STRUCTURE  SOLI
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
  DATA BEGIN OF OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.         "SAPoffice: object definition,
          INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOOD1.        "change attributes
  DATA END OF OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.
  DATA BEGIN OF OBJECT_CONTENT OCCURS 5.  "SAPoffice: Single List with
          INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOLISTI1.    "Column Length 255
  DATA END OF OBJECT_CONTENT.
  DATA BEGIN OF REC_TABLE OCCURS 1.       "SAPoffice: recipient with
          INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOOS1.        "attributes
  DATA END OF REC_TABLE.

* Build email recipient table...........................................
  CLEAR REC_TABLE.
  REC_TABLE-SEL        = 'X'.
  REC_TABLE-RECESC     = 'U'.
*rec_table-recnam      = 'BASF'.
  REC_TABLE-RECEXTNAM  = PDIREC_EMAIL.
  TRANSLATE REC_TABLE-RECEXTNAM TO LOWER CASE.
  REC_TABLE-ADR_NAME   = PDIREC_EMAIL.
  TRANSLATE REC_TABLE-ADR_NAME  TO LOWER CASE.
  REC_TABLE-SNDEX      = 'X'.
  REC_TABLE-SNDPRI     = '1'.
  REC_TABLE-MAILSTATUS = 'E'.
  REC_TABLE-SNDSPO     = PORD_SPOOL .
  COLLECT REC_TABLE.

*...Subject.Line........................................................
  CLEAR OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.
  OBJECT_HD_CHANGE-OBJDES = PASUNTO.

* Send Email............................................................
  CALL FUNCTION 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'
       EXPORTING
            OBJECT_HD_CHANGE           = OBJECT_HD_CHANGE
            OBJECT_TYPE                = 'RAW'
            OUTBOX_FLAG                = 'X'
       TABLES
            OBJCONT                    = PTEXTO
            RECEIVERS                  = REC_TABLE
       EXCEPTIONS
            ACTIVE_USER_NOT_EXIST      = 1
            COMMUNICATION_FAILURE      = 2
            COMPONENT_NOT_AVAILABLE    = 3
            FOLDER_NOT_EXIST           = 4
            FOLDER_NO_AUTHORIZATION    = 5
            FORWARDER_NOT_EXIST        = 6
            NOTE_NOT_EXIST             = 7
            OBJECT_NOT_EXIST           = 8
            OBJECT_NOT_SENT            = 9
            OBJECT_NO_AUTHORIZATION    = 10
            OBJECT_TYPE_NOT_EXIST      = 11
            OPERATION_NO_AUTHORIZATION = 12
            OWNER_NOT_EXIST            = 13
            PARAMETER_ERROR            = 14
            SUBSTITUTE_NOT_ACTIVE      = 15
            SUBSTITUTE_NOT_DEFINED     = 16
            SYSTEM_FAILURE             = 17
            TOO_MUCH_RECEIVERS         = 18
            USER_NOT_EXIST             = 19
            ORIGINATOR_NOT_EXIST       = 20
            X_ERROR                    = 21
            OTHERS                     = 22.

*...SAPconnect.........................................................
*...Start to Dispach mail
  SUBMIT RSCONN01            "SAPconnect Start Send Process
         WITH MODE   EQ '*'
         WITH OUTPUT EQ ''
         TO SAP-SPOOL
         DESTINATION 'LOCAL'
         IMMEDIATELY ' '
         KEEP IN SPOOL 'X'
         WITHOUT SPOOL DYNPRO
         AND RETURN.

                      Edwin Mukusha
                      <emukusha at nebraska.         Para:    SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      edu>                        cc:
                      Enviado por: SAP            Asunto:  Header problems with e-mail messages....
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      26/04/2004 12:45
                      Por favor, responda
                      a "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way to specify a reply-to address on a message coming
out of SAP.  We currently use the MTA connection to Lotus to send e-mail
messages from our workflow.  We are running 4.6C.

Some background: I have a process that sends exception messages to
responsible parties about budget balances in Project Systems.  Currently
these e-mail messages have the wf-batch e-mail address
(SAPWorkflowproduction at xxxx.com)  that is mapped back to my lotus inbox.
I need to be able to get these messages with a different sender to reply
to, as currently my inbox is getting swamped with end-user queries/feedback
on their budget balances!

I have been able to create a method that will allow me to specify a
different sender using function module 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.  However
this solution gives me a message that looks like it was actually generated
by that sender, yet it originated from SAP.  My ideal solution would be for
the message to read as follows:

If the reply-to option is not possible.  I am willing to take a second
possible solution; is it possible to specify some text prefixing the
sender's address coming out SAP?  If this is possible I would then be able
to pad sender's e-mail address like this maybe:

example taken from:
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-XXX at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

mine would look like this:

Searching through our WF discussion group was a challenge because the
keyword reply-to is in just about every message on this list.  I have also
searched through OSS without much luck.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks...

Edwin Mukusha.