Sending deadline items to Microsoft Outlook

Tisch, Bradley Bradley.Tisch at kraft.com
Mon Apr 12 11:12:54 EDT 2004

Hi Kathleen,

My suggestion would be a more strategic approach. Have all SAP mail
redirected to a user's Outlook or enterprise mail system. This can be done
by changing a system setting within SAP and by assigning each user id an
e-mail address within SAP (Trans SU01). Change the setting in transaction
SO16 - (Tab - Mail sy.grp) Send to home addresses of users. With this
setting, SAP will automatically attempt to redirect all SAP Mail for a user
(not workitems) from the SAP Inbox to their (in your case) Outlook mail.
This will only happen for a user if that user has an email address set up
for their user-id (SU01) and their communication method is set to E-Mail
(Comm.Meth = E-Mail). For users without those settings, it continues to
distribute messages via SAP Inbox. So this function can be switch on for
some users and not for others or more importantly, you can phase in this
approach as e-mail addresses are added.

Bradley Tisch