Portal: SAP office mail and UWL

Cooper, John M John.Cooper at kcc.com
Fri Apr 2 14:41:41 EST 2004

Hi Eric,

I don't think there is a way to get the SAP Office mail into the UWL.
As Michael discussed, we try very hard not to use SAP Office mail, and
send notifications to our internet mail (Outlook) instead.

Attachments to R/3 work items will not display properly from the UWL
unless you are running a back-end R/3 system on Web AS 6.20 or higher
AND have the Workplace Plug-In 6.0 installed on that system.  For older
systems, you have to either view details in SAPGUI to see the
attachments, or change the default behavior of the UWL for those
workflow tasks that rely on attachments so that they launch the WinGUI
rather than the miniapp or WebGUI.

Hope this helps.
John