620: Containerelements with Objects

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Sep 25 11:32:50 EDT 2003

Yes, a background task was what I meant. I would also like to see a conta=
iner operation such as 'instantiate' specifically for object types.=20
I'd suspect the reason this hasn't been done is that objects can be polym=
orphic - i.e. your type can be BUS2012, but you can assign a ZBUS2012 - t=
huis the object type is slightly variable. Still, I'd like to see a 'stan=
dard' instantiate assignment operator... anyone from SAP listening ??

Cheers
Mike

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:34:36PM +0200, Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT B=
Z) wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>=20
> thanks for your suggestions, of course a simple workaround would be the
> substitue the container-operation by a background-task based on
> SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE.
>=20
> But:
>=20
> I'm now on testing the first WF and I have some more WF productive and =
in
> test in 46B.
> I have a very short time-schedule for this migration sofirst I must be =
sure
> that it is not one of the many jokes of SAP in 620.
> I cann't belive that there is an entry-tool for object-based elements a=
nd
> than it is not allowed to use persistent objectreferences.
> Also as far as object-refernced constants elements are possible with
> initial-value-setting.
>=20
> Can you agree ?
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Heinz
>=20
> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Michael Pokraka [mailto:workflow at quirky.me.uk]
> Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 25. September 2003 16:40
> An: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> Betreff: Re: 620: Containerelements with Objects
>=20
> Hi Heinz,
> I don't have a 6.20 system in front of me, but I suspect you just need =
> bind e.g. 123456 to your objkey, BUS2081 to your objtype (or whatever i=
> relevant for you), and bind the resulting object back to your object
> container element.
> Try something more generic, in it's own little test flow. Also, have a =
look
> for tasks based on SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE and see where they are use=
d for
> examples.
> HTH
> Cheers
> Mike
>=20
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:43:04PM +0200, Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT=
 BZ)
> wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >=20
> > thanks for reply.
> >=20
> > This was my first thinking too.
> > But now I see some questions:
> >=20
> > In the WF-Builder if I use the container-editor entering the
> container-value
> > in the container-operation I have the possiblity to enter the object-=
key
> > using the foreseen function.
> > The created object-key is taken over 'right' into the foreseen field =
of
> the
> > container-operation.
> > If than I click to the check-icon in the WF-Builder, I get the
> error-message
> > Sourceexpression '' not valid.
> >=20
> > So now it looks me like the check don't find the value.
> >=20
> > Clearly, I have checked the used Objecttype, the used Object(value)
> exists,
> > the object is new genereated. From this side I think everthing is rig=
ht.
> >=20
> > Any idees ?
> >=20
> > your confused
> >=20
> > Heinz
> >=20
> > -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> > Von: Michael Pokraka [mailto:workflow at quirky.me.uk]
> > Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 25. September 2003 15:51
> > An: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> > Betreff: Re: 620: Containerelements with Objects
> >=20
> > Hi Heinz,
> > Offhand I'd say this shouldn't have workked in 4.6b - it's not possib=
le in
> > 4.6c as an object needs to be instantiated.
> > Use a task based on SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE to set your object, you=
 can
> > pass it your constants.
> > HTH
> > Cheers
> > Mike
> >=20
> > On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:14:07PM +0200, Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis =
IT
> BZ)
> > wrote:
> > > Dear collegous,
> > >
> > > I'm preparing a migration from 46B to 620 in the moment and so I'm
> dealing
> > > with some funny hints and jokes from SAP..
> > >
> > > Thereby I got a problem with Containeroperations.
> > >
> > > In a containeroperation a element referenced to an object should be=
set
> > with
> > > a constant.
> > >
> > > In 620 the WF says that the sourcevalue is not valid.
> > >
> > > Is there a more expirenced collegous outside who knows if my feelin=
g is
> > > right that in 620 only instanced objects can be used for such an
> operation
> > > expite to 46B ?
> > >
> > > Thanks for a feedback in advance.
> > >

> > > Greetings
> > >
> > > Heinz
> > >

> ***********************************************************************=
*****
> > > ******
> > >         Unaxis Balzers Aktiengesellschaft       e-mail:
> > > mailto:heinz.schmidinger at unaxis.com
> > >                                         tel:    +423 388 6194
> > >
> > > +43 5522 43385   (privat)
> > >         P.O. Box 1000                           mobil:  +43 676 536=
8623
> > > (privat)
> > >         FL-9496 Balzers         fax:    +423 388 5402
> > >         Fuerstentum Liechtenstein       web:    http://www.unaxis.c=
om