Ending Woritems older than a specified date

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Oct 23 07:19:23 EDT 2003

Hi Ute,=20
You could go with a report as Heinz suggested, or - if it's not a high vo=
lume workflow you can use a deadline to automatically cancel the WI after=
 n days.=20

Of course if I understand your scenario correctly I have to ask: Is a wor=
k item really necessary? Is there a point in enforcing a result if people=
 don't bother? If not, why not send them an email/SAP Mail instead? They =
can then click-select-delete a whole months' worth in one go.... shoudn't=
 be too hard.=20
Remember that volumes decrease the effectiveness of a notification so you=
'll find that an email is good because people can then set up their own a=
uto-delete rules as is usually the case :-)

Cheers
Mike