Temporary errors in standard background methods?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Nov 19 11:54:40 EST 2003

Hi Alon,
The reason I'd prefer not to redefine is the lack of 'proper' OO in
Business Objects, and remaining upwardly compatible. As far as I'm aware,
one cannot call the supertype method from a redefined method - which woul=
make redefining a perfect alternative.
I think I'll go with your suggestion about contacting SAP, some of these
just seem such an obvious candidate for temp errors that I find it a
little curious that it hasn't been changed yet (on 4.7 here).

Thanks for your input.
Cheers
Mike

Somewhere in the mists of time Alon Raskinwrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> You almost got it.
>
> What I would do is redefine the method on the new sub-type. That way it
ensures that your method gets called by all developments.

> To be honest, before I go down that route, I would first log an OSS and
try to get SAP to change their exception to a temporary one.

> Regards,
>
> Alon
>
> ________________________________

exception as a temporary error? SAP have a habit of using the temp
setting as little as possible, which is a bit annoying when trying to
use standard methods as far as possible - BUS2012.RELEASE is an obvious
example: if someone is editing the PO it immediately errors, no retry
via SWWERRE, resulting in an unhappy WF administrator.

> The only thing I can think of (and have used in the past) is to have a
custom delegated subtype of the object, with a custom method which calls
the original method and duplicates the exceptions with the desired
settings. This seems a bit of overkill just for setting a temporary
error.