Temporary errors in standard background methods?

Alon Raskin araskin at eOutlook.com
Wed Nov 19 11:04:59 EST 2003

Hi Michael,
=20
You almost got it.=20
=20
What I would do is redefine the method on the new sub-type. That way it =
ensures that your method gets called by all developments.

To be honest, before I go down that route, I would first log an OSS and =
try to get SAP to change their exception to a temporary one.

Regards,
=20
Alon

________________________________

From: SAP Workflow on behalf of Michael Pokraka
Sent: Wed 19/11/2003 15:58
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Temporary errors in standard background methods?

Hi Folks,
I'm surprised not to find anything in the archives about this one:

Is there a simple way to mark a SAP-standard background method's =
exception
as a temporary error? SAP have a habit of using the temp setting as =
little
as possible, which is a bit annoying when trying to use standard methods
as far as possible - BUS2012.RELEASE is an obvious example: if someone =
is
editing the PO it immediately errors, no retry via SWWERRE, resulting in
an unhappy WF administrator.

The only thing I can think of (and have used in the past) is to have a
custom delegated subtype of the object, with a custom method which calls
the original method and duplicates the exceptions with the desired
settings. This seems a bit of overkill just for setting a temporary =
error.
 In fact it seems so 'normal' that I'm wondering if I'm not missing
something glaringly obvious...

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated,
Cheers
Mike