Defining the possible agents for a Workflow model

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Fri May 30 07:30:23 EDT 2003

This question may be quite stupid, but: are you sure what you write is
correct?

You must define on the workflow task, not on the single task used in the
worklow step. Meaning: you (must) define it before you enter the workflow
builder. As there is no indication on the workflow template level whether
or not the steps that follow are background or foreground it sounds strange
that you should get such an error message. If you are in the workflow
builder with a step selected and choose "Goto" => "Agent assignment for
task" it is the agent assignment at single task level (for the task used in
the selected step of course) you will be brought to.

Whether you are at one level or the other is evident from the task ID in
the top left corner of your maintenance screen.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "< Robert> <
                    Verlaat>"                   To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    Sent by: SAP                cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Workflow                    Subject:     Defining the possible agents for a Workflow model
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    30.05.2003 13:17
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Dear all,

I'am trying to define a Workflow model as a general Task. This is because I
want every user to be able to start this Workflow manually using the
"actions" functionality within transaction. As far as I know there is only
one requirement for this: The user who wants to start the Workflow manually
(from a transaction) must be defined as a possible agent for this Workflow.

When I go to: "Maintain agent assignment" (on template-level) I get the
message that my WF-Template is a bachground Task and doesn't needs agents
assignment!?

Does anyone know where and how I can make my WF-template a foreground Task,
so agent assignment becomes possible?

Thanks,

Robert Verlaat

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

this message.
Thank you.