WF-XML via 46c/ITS 6.1 patch 20

Michel Laviolette michel_laviolette at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 11:46:23 EDT 2003

Mark,
thanks for your reply...

My understanding (which might be wrong) is that although designed for a
master/slave workflow, the WF-XML is, through "Outside-In" a "very good
medium for starting workflows from a java environment" (quoted from the
Practical Workflow for SAP book). This, along with other research (web, OSS,
online help, ...) lead me to believe that third party apps could also
benefit from WF-XML. Maybe I read too much into the documentation in
thinking that this method could also be adapted for simple HTML "Posts"???

The issue with the suggested solution is that our web forms are already
coded in Oracle/PL-SQL. Re-engineering these forms to be published via ITS
is a task that no man should ever attempt to tackle :) .

Maybe a better solution is to use WAPI calls through RFC??? The serious
downfall which I can see in this solution is the container definition
limitations... A downfall which I might have to live with. XML sure would
have been nice though...

Any other ideas?

Michel L.