Production problem startcondition

Roberto Mast Roberto.Mast at nuon.com
Mon May 19 15:42:25 EDT 2003

Hi,

We have a workflow (WS96000034) in our production system that uses a
startcondition FM (SWB_CHECK_FB_START_COND_EVAL, standard SAP). After
importing some supportpackages this weekend the startcondition only gives
back the exception.

 Important with this is that we can create the event (and so the object) on
two different ways.
 First we do it manually with methode zbcontact.create (transaction BCT0)
and everything works fine.
 Second (and this is the production problem) we create bcontact via
zbcontact.CreateFromData_ADF (Custom ABAP copied from zbcontact.CreateFromDa
 ta) and than the exception is raised even when this shouldn't happen. This
BAPI is called from an external application via an active-X controller.

 The startcondition is looking at bcontact.class for value 29 if so the flow
should start. It looks like an synchronisation problem, maybe the
event is raised to early and the startcondition is looking for an attribute
that is not yet accessable...?

If there is somebody who knows what to do please let me know asap.

We now have a lot of entries in the system that has not started a workflow.
When I create the event again manually with the key from the table the
workflow starts and everything looks fine.
Is there a way to do this automatically (1000 workflows a day!)

Kind regards,

Roberto Mast