AW: Using workflow in BW

Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT BZ) heinz.schmidinger at unaxis.com
Wed May 7 02:24:53 EDT 2003

Hello Abby,

It is possible to use WF in BW.

A similar scenario you described I have implemented in our BW some =
weeks ago
(control data-load).

BADi's are only an other way of User-Exits based on ABAP-Objects.

Regards=20

Heinz

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dywan, Abby [mailto:adywan at clarkstonconsulting.com]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 6. Mai 2003 20:02
An: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Betreff: Using workflow in BW

Hi all -=20

My client is asking about the possibility of running workflow in BW.  =
One of
the ways we're interested in using this is triggering a workflow to =
route
the report to a user when an exception occurs in BW.

While I've been looking at BW, it appears that you can use the data =
from the
alert raised from an exception in a report by exporting the data using =
BAdI.  However, I'm not sure what this BAdI is supposed to do - raise =
an
event to trigger the workflow? I know very little about BAdIs, so this =
has
been very confusing to me.

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!