Start workitem immediately within the application

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Jun 20 08:50:03 EDT 2003

Hi,=20
That's probably not going to cut it, for the same reasons you're already =
stating :-)=20
SWE_EVENT_CREATE is handled by the event manager, who triggers the workfl=
ow by tRFC - even if on the same system. RFC means WF-BATCH...=20

The next problem is that status management may also happen in an update t=
ask (most likely in fact), in which case the user context is already lost=
 - the user is sitting with a 'document saved' message whilst the updates=
 are still making their way into the DB. In this case it isn't going to w=
ork and an express message is your best bet.=20
If it isn't done in an update task, you might get away with starting the =
workflow directly via SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW (Phil - is this what you in=
tended?). I'm not too sure if it will work - let us know if you're going =
to try it.=20

Cheers
Mike

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:39:21AM +0200, Soady, Phil wrote:
> Lieber Werner,
>=20
> if the event is processed and the wf started by WF-BATCH ( a background=
 ) user,
> then how can the workflow connect back to your modi ?
> And interesting security issue.
>=20
> The workflow must be started by the current user. Ie no asynchronous ha=
ndling.
>=20
> Any chance of calling swe_event_create synchronously ?
> See the flag on the Function call.
>=20
> That implies no event Q ? Well, I've never tried synchronous and event =
q.
>=20
> At least now, the user should get the user decision.
>=20
> hth / htw=20
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
>=20
> Phil Soady
> Senior Consultant
> Business Technologies
> SAP Australia
> * : 0412 213 079
> * : phil.soady at sap.com
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
t the first workitem should be executed immediately after the change of t=
he status. (Not only created, but executed!)
>=20
> The first workitem is a user decision, and the receiver of the first wo=
rkitem is WF_INITIATOR. The "Advance with immediate dialog"-field is mark=
ed in the workflow template and in the first step.