Restarted workflow does not continue

Fred Lunaspa fredlunaspa at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:31:00 EDT 2003

Michael and Mario,

First of all, thanks for your quick replies!

The changes to the workflow were implemented before we went life! So at the
moment the change (to background task) was implemented no instances were
running. I also tested a new instance on production and it fails with the
same error (on development all goes well).

If I remember correctly all buffers are also refreshed when the system is
restarted. So, because the system was restarted several times after the
change was implemented, that would mean that the problem should not arise.

Do you have other suggestions? The only thing I can add is the fact that I
changed the task to background task without first deleting the responsible
agent entry in the step. It is removed automatically from the step. Next I
only transported the changed task, not the workflow definition in which the
step is defined. Can that have caused the problem? And if yes, what to do
next?

Michael, what did you exactly mean with "A further complication is the good
ol' SWU_OBUF after transport to clear SAP's 'memory' ". Is using SWU_OBUF
causing complications, or should it solve these kind of problems?

Regards,

Fred