Role using Responsibility Rule ?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jul 24 23:54:09 EDT 2003

Hi Chavi,
The rule is independent and does not have access to the workflow container.  So the only way to pass the workflow initiator in would be via rule criteria.  You could do what you want using a programmed rule.  Your programmed rule could then call the responsibility rule where the rest of the data is maintained.

But I think in the example shown it would be a *HUGE MISTAKE!!!* to create complex programmed rules simply to save maintaining the data in a development environment.  If you don't test your data properly in development by trying to simulate as closely as possible what is happening in production up to and including how people will go about maintaining rule data then the opportunity for misdesign and error is significant to say the least.
Regards,
Jocelyn Dart.