Passing objects to SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE

Soden, John John.Soden at newmont.com.au
Sun Jul 20 23:51:57 EDT 2003

Hi all

Are there any tricks to passing an object to the FM SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE  =
in
the container table when starting a workflow template (not standard task)=
,
when I attempt to do it I get error OL 364 'element is not an object' (is=
sued
from FM SWC_CONT_CHECK). I am calling the workflow from a report using
SWC_CREATE_OBJECT to create the object and SWC_ELEMENT_SET to insert it i=
nto
the container table passed to SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE, this works fine when
starting a standard task and passing the object to container element
_WI_Object_Id, but not when passing to a manually defined container eleme=
nt
in a workflow template ?=20

I have actually overcome the problem by passing the key and object type t=
the workflow template and using system.genericinstantiate in a task to fi=
ll
the container element but am interested to know why I cannot pass it to t=
he
container in the input table of SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE. The SWC_CONT_CHECK
function fails because the manually defined element has a type 'O' wherea=
the system defined element (_WI_Object_Id) has type 'o'=20

Has anyone come across this before ?=20

Thanks...

                                                                      =20
John Soden
Senior Analyst/Programmer
CIS (Commercial Information Systems)
Newmont Australia
                                                                      =20

IMPORTANT NOTICE - By storing, copying, relying upon or otherwise using t=
his e-mail, you agree to be bound by our Terms Governing Electronic Commu=
nications. A copy of these terms can be reviewed at www.newmont.com.au/eC=
omm-terms.htm or obtained by phoning us on +61 8 8303 1700. If you do not=
 accept these terms or suspect that you may have received this e-mail mes=
sage in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete this e-mail.