Workflow errors not reported in SAP mail?

Kouw, FA - SPLTX fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Fri Jul 18 04:13:43 EDT 2003

Sergey,

First of all, Phil's and your explanation are very clear. I understand the difference between a workflow error
and an application error that cannot be handled by the workflow if you do not 'define' the error during modeling
of the workflow.

The workflow instance actually got status 'Error' and the SWWERRE job did NOT notify me (the workflow
administrator.) SWWERRE is scheduled to run at an interval of 20 minutes. As you stated, the administrator
should be informed of workflows in error by SWWERRE, which doesn't occur in this case (other errors are reported
in my SAP inbox). So I still think I have a problem.

I use standard method EDIT of object BUS2081, for which no exception for this error is defined (which I think is
logical, otherwise all methods should return an exception in case the user has no authorisation to execute the
transaction called from the method). I was able to use SWPR (Restart work item after error) to change the status
of the workflow instance to ready.

Regards,

Fred Kouw