EDi Invoices and Workflow

Lola Oluwa Lola.Oluwa at outokumpu.net
Wed Jan 15 05:12:59 EST 2003

Thanks Ralph,
I was going in that direction....I haven't quite managed to find at which
point the IDOCAPPL and IDOCPACKET object events are triggerd. I have spent
quite a few hours debugging the bapi idoc inbound function module only to
realise that the application document is only available only in  a deeply
embedded function (FI_DOCUMENT_POST, no expot parameters, no tables!!). I
am thinking about insering my own object event at this point (eg
BKPF.EDICREATED)... but since I do not know all interfaces using this
fuction I am a bit hesitant to do this. So, if you have done it using an
easier method please provide me with the details.

Best Regards,
Lola.

                      Ralph Jensen
                      <ralph.jensen at us.ib         To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      m.com>                      cc:      (bcc: Lola Oluwa/Outokumpuext)
                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: Re: EDi Invoices and Workflow
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      14.01.2003 21:02
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Lola,

I ended up extending the supporting Object Type and creating my own Event
to trigger based on the FI document created.

Ralph Jensen
IBM Business Consulting Services
Government Services Industry

                      Lola Oluwa
                      <Lola.Oluwa at outokum        To:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      pu.net>                    cc:
                      Sent by: SAP               Subject:  EDi Invoices and
Workflow
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      01/14/2003 11:42 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi,
I am a faced with designing a workflow that is trigerred from incoming FI
idocs from an external system. I carried out some investigation using Idoc
ACC_BILLING with process code BAPI. The object event parameters generated
here does not include the FI application document created. I also tried a
few other options...
I will appreciate some help from anyone who has done this before. The
system is 46C.

Regards,
Lola.