Assignment of SAP org. objects to positions on production?

Kouw, FA - SPLTC fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Mon Jan 13 10:28:23 EST 2003

Hello,

I tried to determine the best approach for our situation regarding the
transporting of the organizational plan. At the moment I have chosen for
the following:

   * we will set up our organizational plan (organizational units and
     jobs, nothing else) in the development client, and transport this
     to production using the standard transport mechanism
   * on production we create positions and users, and assign users and
     jobs to positions (normally one user per position)

Can someone tell me how to handle the assignment of SAP organizational
objects in this situation: we have some purchasing groups, for which I
think each position created (on production) must be linked to the
respective SAP organizational object. Can/should this be done on the
production system also (if positions are created there I have to....)?
Or should I use another approach, f.i. creating these positions on
development and assign the SAP org. objects to them there? All help is
welcome!

Regards,

Fred Kouw

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.