Background Log.Inv.Verifiication

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon Jan 13 01:59:53 EST 2003

I think there is a conspiracy between SAP and the medical industry to cause
us all to need treatment for repetetive strain injuries.
Sorry I can't be of more help. In our own case (blocking for payment due to
missing PO reference) I have resorted to leaving the LIV-document in
whatever state it is and focusing on the FI documents.

Conclusion: FI is relatively complete in the implementation, LIV is not. I
think others have concluded the same. The unfortunate part is that LIV is
much more promising in supported features.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Pyc, Mark"
                    <Mark.Pyc at amersham.c        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    om>                         cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Background Log.Inv.Verifiication
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    10.01.2003 14:56
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Many thanks to Michael and Namit for responses to my last question!

Next query:
Has anyone set up WF around the area of Background LIV?

To me it seems less than straighforward. My current client wishes to use WF
to route Invoices upon Price/Qty difference or when there is a missing
Good/Service Receipt. With foreground LIV there are readily available
events
for Price/Qty differences and missing receipts will cause the invoice to be
parked, however this is not the case in the background. Background
processing seems to simply post or not (held document) depending on a match
within tolerance of the PO. Any sensible routing would require fairly
detailed bespoke coding to assess the invoice which seems to me to be
reinventing the wheel.

I'd be very grateful for any experience within this area or even responses
that it may not be the way to go.

Many thanks,
Mark

this message.