Customizing issues with WF-BATCH password after client copies .

Morris, Eddie eddie.morris at sap.com
Mon Feb 24 13:12:46 EST 2003

Hi Rick,

Each time you perform a client copy, you will
have to run SWUB to create the proper RFC destination for that client.
The client copy does not copy the RFC information. This information
is client-independent, a client copy (on the same machine) of this
information would not be useful (because it is a client independent
table). Additionally, copying this information in the case of a
remote client copy would not be useful because the RFC destinations
/definitions of one system may not apply to another. To correct your
problem of the missing RFC destination, again, you can run SWUB or
go to SWU3 and run the option for reconfiguring the RFC destination
once more. The workflow runtime system will look for
WORKFLOW_LOCAL_<Client #> first (which is unique to a client). If it
cannot find this, it will then look for the RFC destination of
WORKFLOW_LOCAL.

This information gets deleted during a client copy as the relevant
table, SWWCUSTOM, is class L (see note 2857).  The way you are currently
dealing with it is correct, using SWU3 after the client copy.  However,
a way to speed this process up is to copy the client and run a recorded
CATT via the report RSSTARWC in the background. Execute the
transaction SWU3 in the CATT.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eddie