How to find general task sent to all agents?

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Feb 18 05:44:59 EST 2003

Won't the suggested solution help you? The workitems will not have any
agents, so nobody executes them. Thus you can easily find them and analyze
them and then forward them for execution. It won't help you find a "loose"
workitem, instead it should prevent them from occurring if I understood
things correctly.

I thought my own idea was really good ;-) But then again I may still not
quite have grasped what you are asking.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Michael Pokraka
                    <workflow at quirky.me.        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    uk>                         cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: How to find general task sent to all agents?
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    18.02.2003 11:29
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Thanks, but that was not quite the question. I have a vague idea which
task it is, but the question is to find the particular item amongst
hundreds which ran during the 'suspect timeframe'. I.e. this has
happened, presumably the wrong person got hold of it, and we need to
find it.
In any case, I found it by combination of detective work (narrowing the
timeframe, identifying status, eliminating a few 'known users') and a
very large sledgehammer (looking at every remaining one individually).

I also found and fixed the cause (custom ABAP bug), but would still like
to know if there's a way of finding the offending workitem for any
future scenarios.

Thanks
Mike

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:41:52AM +0100, Kjetil Kilhavn wrote:
> Check the roles used. One of them probably has the "Terminate if the role
> resolution has no result" unchecked.
>
> Select the checkbox and then you can follow the work items up through the
> "Work items without agents" list - transaction SWI2_ADM1
> That should make it easier to find out when the problem occurs and fix
the
> problem.
> --
> Kjetil Kilhavn
>

>                     Michael Pokraka
>                     <workflow at quirky.me.        To:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>                     uk>                         cc:     (bcc: Kjetil
Kilhavn)
>                     Sent by: SAP                Subject:     How to find
general task sent to all agents?
>                     Workflow
>                     <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
>                     A.MIT.EDU>
>

>                     17.02.2003 12:01
>                     Please respond to
>                     "SAP Workflow Users'
>                     Group"
>

> Hi all,
> I have an urgent requirement to find an instance of a general task.
> The problem is that some glitches occasionally cause a task to go ou to
> everyone. The problem is to find which one is the culprit, as by the time
> we notice someone's already reserved/executed it (most likely the wrong
> person).
>
> Any input greatly appreciated
> Cheers
> Mike

> The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
> intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of
the
> information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the
> addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete
> this message.
> Thank you.

this message.