Dynamic Work Item Delivery

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-IS/IT Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Tue Feb 18 05:01:35 EST 2003

Stephan,

The catch is:   you need history data (at least some status) to decide where
the next item goes :-)

I've been rather thinking about some workflow running constantly and
intercepting the events that would normally start the process, then deciding
on where the item should go. The benefit: you can organize the routing by
using variables / counts etc. as workflow container elements (no
programming!). The drawback: maintainability, performance, ugliness & some
technical issues (catching instance-related events in an
instance-independent workflow) etc. A nice modeling feat -- acrobacy at its
worst. It could perhaps be done without programming. But don't do it.

Kind regards,
Tomasz