method parameters

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Feb 12 07:29:51 EST 2003

Hi John,
What happens when someone else wants to use your method??? It might be nice
to leave them a clue by setting up parameters and exceptions to tell them
what you are expecting in the container.

Plus when you go to create your task based on your method, if you use the container directly you won't get a task-to/from-method binding based on your parameters - which makes it more difficult
if you only want to pass some fields or want to pass default values or want to use different element names in the different containers for whatever reason.

Plus if you want to model exception handling your step definition needs to know the
formal exceptions defined otherwise you won't be able to use that option in the step.

Plus if you want to use any of the test tools you need to have the parameters and exceptions
defined.

Plus you could have saved working out some of those swc_set/get macros if you
had defined your parameters against the method prior to generating the basic
program code for the method implementation as SWO1 will use those to set up the
swc_set/get and data declaration statements for you.

And that's just off the top of my head...

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book