Urgent - Transporting Org Chart For Workflow While Implementi ng HR

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Feb 12 07:22:07 EST 2003

Hi Vince,=20
It is possible to transport parts of the org plan and treat these as
configuration data rather than master data using ALE and related =
programs
such as RHMOVE30/50 etc.

However you can also create agent determination rules that call another =
system=20
to determine the agent. There is an example of this in the book.=20

Whether you replicate your HR org plan or simply evaluate it using RFC =
calls
for agent determination depends mostly on external factors.  Such as:
* Do you need/want to use your HR org plan for anything other than =
agent determination rules  in the non-HR system? -> If yes, replication =
may make sense to keep down the volume of RFC traffic.
* Where do you want to maintain the agent determination data?  If all =
the necessary info lives
in the HR system, then it may make sense to set up a rule in the HR =
system and call it from the=20
other system rather than replicate the HR org plan.=20

Suggest you discuss with your friendly local SAP workflow consultant.=20
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart=20
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book