Urgent - Transporting Org Chart For Workflow While Implementi ng HR

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Feb 12 06:54:06 EST 2003

Hi Abby,
Like any other part of the SAP system, you transport configuration data and development
objects but not master data.

So you set up your agent determination rules in your development system and transport
those through.  You can even set up the responsibility objects (i.e. the combinations
of criteria) for transport if you wish when using a responsibility rule.

After the transport, you then assign your HR org plan positions, org units, etc. to the relevant responsibilities
as part of master data setup.

The point of using agent determination rules (whether responsibility rules, function module
based rules) or expressions is so that you DON'T assign positions and org units directly
to workflow steps.  Your workflow is a development object and should be treated as such.
Using positions and org units directly against steps is best kept for testing purposes only.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book