Implementing SAP Workflow without using Org Structure

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed Feb 5 01:30:58 EST 2003

There will (from my experience) always be exceptions, so you will most
likely need a custom table anyway.

My first questions when someone suggests not using HR data are always: who
is responsible for maintaining these data, and how will they be maintained?
I don't accept the answers "you" and "your problem" (this won't apply to
you since you are a consultant, I suppose). It must always be the business
who is responsible for maintaing such data, not the IT organization. And
then the question is whether they want to maintain data once (move
"everything" into SAP, or have interface programs updating customizing
tables from other systems) or many times.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Cristiana D'Agosto"
                    <cristiana.dagosto at au        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    1.ibm.com>                   cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP Workflow        Subject:     Implementing SAP Workflow without using Org Structure
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA
                    .MIT.EDU>

                    05.02.2003 02:43
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hello workflow experts,

I believe that it is possible to implement SAP Workflow without having to
implement the SAP HR PD Org Structure. Probably using customized tables to
store the info needed (eg. who reports to who, etc).

>From your experience, there is any advantages in using customized tables
as opposed to using the HR PD Org Structure?

It seems to me that the approach of customized tables would limit the
options of retrieving data for future workflows if the rules that define
an approver changes?

Any thoughts on this subject will be more than welcome!

Thanks and regards

Cristiana

this message.
Thank you.