Implementing SAP Workflow without using Org Structure

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 5 05:00:47 EST 2003

Hello Cristiana,

Yes, it is certainly possible to implement workflow without using PD Org
structures. But in my (limited) implementation experience, I would have to
ask "Why?".  The PD Org structure does not require an HR implementation, it
is free and readily available to anyone with SAP.  SAP provides a number of
transactions for managing the assignment of users, job, positions, and SAP
Org Objects which you don't get with custom tables.  Using the PD org
structure and its relationships correctly may make it easier to implement
additional workflows in the future without having to design a new set of
custom tables and rules.

Just my humble opinion,
Sue