Integrating the SAP Business Workplace with Microsoft Outlook

Swam_in swam_in at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 00:27:07 EST 2003

Hello Abby,
The only positive response that I have from my users are that they already
got used to using MS-Outlook and they did not have any
problems in using it for SAP workitems. But the real problem I see is the
ease of use is not there in SAP MAPI. We spent lots
of time in training the users in SAP MAPI ( and also SAP Inbox ). Now the
users have almost bypassing the SAP MAPI
to execute the workitems. The big hassle is the infrastructure and getting
to install the MAPI to all users who are sitting
some other parts of the world. Other issue is the 'Forwarding work item'
issue. Though the SAP MAPI says the work item
can be forwarded from MAPI we were never be able to do that.
If you know how to forward a work item in MAPI let me know. We are currently
using the SAP Inbox for forwarding the work items.
By the way since the workflows are growing big in our company we decided to
go for Desktop workplace which has lots of features
than MAPI.

Swami