MAPI capabilities

Swam_in swam_in at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 00:16:48 EST 2003

Hello Abby,

Based on the settings in the SAP MAPI you can either login directly (
Password enable = 'X' ) or make the MAPI prompt for
a password. Though we have installed SAP MAPI we still have the same worries
reg. SAP security. The only response that we
received from SAP is that the password is stored locally in 'hashed ' though
we did not get the response we expected. We wanted
to know how encrypted the passwords are.
Reg. Offline capabilities, I believe you can get to view the workitems as it
get stored locally. It downloads the message store
and messages once you are online. Since we always work on 'Online only'
option I donot have much things to share on this offline
facility.

Swami