Responsibility maintenance in Prod?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Tue Aug 19 10:34:29 EDT 2003

Hi Phil,=20
Thanks, sounds like a good starting point and looks like I'm going to be =
fairly busy. (Though I may be able to pawn this off onto the security fol=
ks :-)

Cheers
Mike

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 01:05:11PM +0200, Soady, Phil wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> the direction you are heading is the BADI HRPAD00AUTH_CHECK.
> Yes you are entering the scary world of HR authorizations.
> Every HR Auth check can be replaced via this BADI.
>=20
> (Best call the standard class method inside the BADI before adding your=
 own rules) This is simple enough and used often on HR sites.
>=20
> The HR structural auth check equivalent is HRPAD00AUTH_CHECK .
>=20
> I cant be sure that all of the checks you require are possible in
> via HRPAD00AUTH_CHECK.=20
>=20
> Structural authorizations are quite complicated.=20
> Avoid them if possible ;-) =20
>=20
>=20
> Phil Soady
> Senior Consultant
> Professional Services
> SAP Australia
> Level 1, 168 Walker Street, North Sydney 2060, Australia.
> M   +61 412 213 079
> E   phil.soady at sap.com
> http://www.sap.com
> =20
>=20
iding responsibilities but not roles.=20
> Now, is it possible to restrict someone to creating/assigning/editing r=
esponsibilities for a specific set of roles? I haven't really had a chanc=
e to delve too deeply into the scary world of HR authorizations yet, but =
thought I'd ask in case there is a simple answer ..