Dynamic levels of deadline monitoring

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Sep 16 21:18:48 EDT 2002

Hi Abby,
Yes it is possible though it's a lot easier in 6.10 where we have new options for refreshing the agent assignment of active work items.
However you can do it in earlier releases.

What you need to do is used modeled deadline monitoring so that when a deadline is missed you start some extra steps to cancel the existing work item and create a similar new one with the new list of agents.  This is standard modeled deadline monitoring so you can use the wizard to do this.

You can always put this functionality into a loop so that you progressively add people to the list of agents and recreate the work item.

Alternatively you can use modeled deadline monitoring to add some steps that update the list of agents on the work item using the WAPIs but this is a little more tricky pre-6.10.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
SAP Australia