Processing tasks outside SAP

Jean-Baptiste COURMONT jean-baptiste.courmont at vinci-consulting.com
Wed Sep 11 07:20:00 EDT 2002

Hi Jos=E9,

The SAP Mapi Provider may be the good answer to your need. When you install=
 this service in outlook (Menu Tools / Services), a
new folder is created in your Outlook folders tree. This folder is client s=
pecific and available for one frontend computer. I mean you have to install=
 the SAP MApi for all users. You can manage both document and workitem mess=
ages via the SAP Mapi (the user must be connected to the server) without an=
y additional customizing. It takes about one minute to install the SAP MApi=
 on a machine.

Regards

Jean-Baptiste COURMONT

P license, they rarely log on to the system. This is obviously a problem wi=
th authorization processes. To resolve the problem I suggested that we make=
 the workflow folders available in for eg MS Outlook. I've been going throu=
gh the SAP help and they suggest the use of SAP MAPI. Other than that, I've=
 not found the sap help very helpful. So, my question is, where do the work=
flow folders reside if we were to implement this ie are they part of the no=
rmal Outlook folders? From the help I gather there is no further changes ne=
eded to the work items. Is this correct, or am I missing something? Is it a=
 mission to install the SAP MAPI? Must it be installed per machine?