Initialised object reference

RODRIGUE Johanna Johanna_RODRIGUE at rta.nsw.gov.au
Mon Sep 2 05:16:23 EDT 2002

Dear workflow experts,

I am using the operator 'EX' to confirm existence of an object reference
within a workflow and am receiving an error message:
W8 352  "Operator 'EX' can only be applied to an object reference" when the
object reference is initial.

I have redefined the method ExistenceCheck for the object and raise the
exception Object does not exist (number 0001) when the object reference is
initial.
When I test the object through the object builder and the object reference
is initial, the message OO 801 Object does not exist is returned for the
initial object reference and <NOTHING> appears as the object reference.
I would have expected the 'EX' check against the initial object within the
workflow to return a false result, but instead it returns the object
reference error above.
Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks for your help
Johanna Rodrigue
PS The documentation specifically mentions not to make use of the standard
exception "EXIT_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND" within the implementation of the method
"ExistenceCheck" and instead to raise the exception 0001. Can anyone explain
why this is so ?

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attachment to it is intended only to be read or used by
the named addressee.  It is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistaken transmission to you.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You must not
disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient.  The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to
this e-mail or attachment to it.