Multiple EMail Notifications

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed Oct 23 02:15:03 EDT 2002

Maybe I have misunderstood, but couldn't you in this case also create a
role which is a function module? Send your parameters (or only the object
type name) in to the role FM and read the agents from the table. It is
almost simply a matter of where to maintain data. In the responsibilities
role Jeroen suggests you maintain the responsibilities table in the role
definition. Using a custom FM you maintain a table. Each of the two
solutions has advantages and disadvantages though. If the data are used for
other purposes as well, and in particular if these data change more often
than there are Olympic Games, I would consider the FM solution. Live data
should be updated once, and preferrably not by developers :-)
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "Nobles, Diane"
                    <nobles_dh at naptheon.        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    com>                        cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Multiple EMail Notifications
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    22.10.2002 17:14
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

I have a dilemma.  Need to know the best way to send out a Work Item email
notification to multiple people, groups of three.  The problem is that the
group of people change depending on the object type created. Presently I
have two solutions, but not sure of either:

1. Use org_units and a role function module to cycle the org. units, but
can't quite seem to make the connection of the org_unit and role container,

2. Place different org_units in several different workflows and use start
conditions filtering out the object types to start the correct workflow.
The problem with this is maintenance, this results in duplication of each
workflow several times.

3.)  A third options exists, but again I am not sure how to set this up.
The process currently uses a table with all the possible agents listed, if
we could somehow pull the names from this table depending on the conditions
and into the workflow using a function module, etc., then this would be the
ideal way.

Any ideas on which would be the best approach, (or another way) and the
best
way to go about it???

Diane H. Nobles
SAP Proj. Analyst, PM, WF
(757) 380-7250

"Small things, done with great love, bring joy and peace."

this message.
Thank you.