Payslip to all staff by E-mail

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed Oct 23 02:27:20 EDT 2002

Why do you want to use workflow for this? I am not all that familiar with
payroll (and of course this is country- and company-specific), but as far
as I know you can run the payroll report and get the results for a group of
employees (all if you want too) in one go. The resulting output has a fixed
number of lines per payslip, and the employee number is available in a
fixed position. Alas, you can create a program that writes the output to
memory, chops it into the correct chunks, finds employee number and sends a
message with the payslip. Less overhead, and you can add your program as a
second step in the payroll job. If you want to use workflow you could
create an office document object with the payslip and start a workflow with
this office document as an attachment.

What would the workflow do though? Maybe just send the document to the
employee (in which case you don't need the workflow). Or perhaps a user
decision task with three choices:
1) Accept payslip
2) Request more money
3) Request higher tax deduction

Cancel (which is always available in the decision tasks) would of course
mean resigning. It is so obvious there would be no need for a separate
choice :-)
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    "ASSY, SOSTHENE"
                    <S.ASSY at AFDB.ORG>           To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    Sent by: SAP                cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    Workflow                    Subject:     Payslip to all staff by E-mail
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    22.10.2002 18:16
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hi all

. We want to distrubute the payslip to our staff  to reduce paper
utlisation.
We're using  SAP 4.5B

I've no idea to start this workflow.
Please advise

This e-mail and any attachment sent with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you have
received this e-mail by error please delete it immediately. No reference
should be made of the information contained in this e-mail.  The views or
opinions expressed in this message, unless otherwise clearly indicated, are
solely those of its author and do not necessarily represent those of the
ADB.  Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this e-mail and its associated attachments is strictly
prohibited.  ADB believes but does not warrant that this e-mail and any
attachments are virus-free.  You must therefore take full responsibility
for
checking for viruses therein. ADB disclaims any responsibility and
liability
arising from your unauthorized use of the contents of this e-mail or your
failing to ensure that it is virus-free.

this message.
Thank you.